Patient Experience Department:
Our patient experience team members are meant to help our patients and their families with their appropriate arrangements, starting with the OPD booking step throughout all services they may need and during their stay as inpatients. All efforts are made to make sure that our patient’s journey in the hospital is easy and beneficial to them.
Our role is to provide a customer-oriented high-quality service to the patients:
- Booking procedures
- Answering questions over the telephone
- Appointments confirmation
- Liaising and coordinating with patients, clinicians, wards and multidisciplinary teams.
Inpatient Admission Pathway
For all admissions, the documents below will have to be secured:
- National I.D card
- Identification card from the third-party payer/Insurance company
- Authorization form from the third party payer to confirm financial coverage (if available)
Points of Entry to As-Salam International Hospital:
1- Emergency Department admission:
- For patients having an urgent medical condition, our ambulance service can always be reached through our speed dial 19885
- Our Emergency Department is ready to take care of patients and to handle all urgent medical situations.
- Doctors, nursing and administrative teams are available round the clock.
- On arrival to the hospital, patient will be medically assessed and treated accordingly.
- If admission to the hospital is needed, patient or relative will sign an admission consent that contains General Consent for treatment and Financial Consent.
- Our administrative team will take care of all registration, admission and bed allocation processes.
- For self-paying patients, a down payment for admission will be obtained
- For Sponsored patients, Insurance I.D card and initial medical report will be sent to the relevant insurance company to obtain an approval.
2- Out-Patient Clinics:
- Surgical Patients:
On examination at the Out-Patient Clinics, if a decision for surgery is taken by the treating physician, the following shall be carried out:
- Patient will be escorted to the pre-anesthesia clinic and the pre-admission office located on the 3rd floor.
- At the clinic, Anesthesia physician shall examine the patient and request all necessary pre-operative investigations required prior to surgery.
- The phlebotomist shall collect the required lab specimens.
- Anesthesia consent will be signed by the patient.
- At the Pre-admission Office, Admission Consent will be signed by the patient.
- For Self-paying Patients:
Our team will explain the planned procedure costing.
- For Sponsored Patients:
- All documents will be sent through our team for relevant insurance companies for obtaining an approval for the procedure.
- Prior to admission, a written approval is secured from the insurance company specifying the ceiling for coverage (if not fully covered) and class to which the patient is to be admitted.
- Our team will follow up on obtaining lab results, confirm the booking for surgery and contact the patient to determine the planned surgery time.
- Non-Surgical Patients:
- Following Out-patient examination, if decision for admission is taken by the treating physician, patient will be referred to admission office
3- Admission Office:
- Patients can be directly referred from consultants’ private clinics for elective admission at ASSIH.
- For an elective admission
- Self-paying patients:
-Cost for accommodation and procedure will be explained through our team to the patient to obtain a down payment prior to admission.
- Sponsored Patients:
-Patient usually shows up with a written approval secured from the insurance company specifying the ceiling for coverage and class to which the patient is to be admitted.
-In case the approval is not obtained or for non-elective admissions, Insurance I.D with the physician’s prescription are sent through our team to relevant insurance companies to obtain approvals.
-Once approval is obtained, patient will be admitted according to the specified bed class.